Saturday, September 5, 2009

What if the creepy little girl in your closet is just a regular little gir?

Your mother has just finished reading you a story, and now it's time for lights out.

"No mom!" you say, "Please, just read me one more story."

"Sorry,"
she says, "but I've got a date with a bottle of Jack that I can't keep waiting."

"But mom!"
you protest, "There's a creepy little girl in my closet!"

"There's no such thing as creepy little girls."

With that, she closes the door and turns out the light. At first, everything is quiet, but a few moments later, lights begin to flash under the closet door. You hear a tiny voice.

"Hello. I've come for you."

You scream the highest pitch your lungs can make. You strain your throat so much that is sounds like gravel being scraped against glass. Your mother rushes inside. You just cover your head with your blanket and point to the door. It turns out there really is a little girl in your closet, just not a creepy one.

"Hi!"
The little girl smiles and does a curtsy. Your mother berates you for wasting her drinking time over a silly little girl in your closet and you tell her about the lights under your door.

"Oh you mean this?"
The little girl hands you an old toy of yours that flashes lights and makes weird noises.

"Tee-hee! Sorry I scared you. I was just playing hide-and-seek and I guess I got kind of lost."

"But you've been in my closet for about two weeks now!"

"Yeah."
she says. "When nobody's around I sneak food from the fridge and use the bathroom. You really need good timing. Do you think you could drive me home?"

Your mother grumbles about losing her drinking time and you watch as they both get in your mother's car, and the headlights disappear over the hill down the block. You lay down in your bed and try to relax. That's when the burglars hit.

Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment